At any given time, New York City is ensnared by over one million square feet of unsightly construction fencing. ArtBridge transforms this visual blight into gallery-quality art exhibitions, providing emerging local artists with unprecedented exposure.
Our installations harness the power of art to transform construction sites and blighted public spaces, making them feel welcoming and safe. ArtBridge showcases work by local artists to empower emerging talent and to foster a sense of shared community. Art, we believe, is a powerful connective tissue that helps to reshape and inspire the physical and social character of neighborhoods in transition.
Select Friends and Supporters
- David Walentas, Two Trees Management
- Mickalene Thomas, Renowned Artist
- Robert Hammond, Co-Founder, Friends of the High Line (ArtBridge Advisory Board Member)
- Lawrence B. Benenson, Museum of Modern Art Board Member
- Bruce Ratner, President and CEO, Forest City Ratner Companies
- Vik Muniz, Internationally, Renowned Artist
- Joe Covello, United Hoisting & Scaffolding
- Charles Renfro, Partner, Diller Scofidio, Renfro
- Eric Rudin, Rudin Management Company
“We’re thrilled to partner with ArtBridge again to transform fences near the new Barclays Center into a public gallery…It provides neighborhood residents, commuters and Barclays event-goers a chance to experience terrific art in this outdoor setting”. – Bruce Ratner, President / CEO of Forest City Ratner